Sunday, December 6, 2009







The resurgence of octogenarian Japanese art legend Yayoi Kusama, continues this week with an outdoor exhibition at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables, Florida. Opening to coincide with Art Basel, Miami Beach. A series of fantastical, multicolored flower sculptures sprout up to sixteen feet high among the palms, bamboo, heliconias and cycads in this 83-acre venue, along with three boulder-sized “pumpkins,” and a pond installation of ten spotted humps.

such art.

I think their work is SO beautiful, yet simple. Not too much, very elegant. It makes the work that much more interesting. I am an artist myself, so when I see things like this, it inspires me...this is something I definitely need to see up-close-and-personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment